Earn 7.5 CEUs
Proceeds from this symposium will support the Student Physical Therapy Association and faculty-student research.
Arcadia University is an approved sponsor for CEU’s in PA and NY, (pending approval: DE and NJ)
- Explain the significance of both the pathoanatomic diagnosis and rehabilitation classification for common shoulder disorders.
- Explain the primary neurophysiologic mechanisms associated with painful rotator cuff tendinopathy and their influence on muscle activation as well as the associated implications for treatment.
- Determine if scapular dyskinesis is present and relevant to the pain in a specific patient.
- Choose appropriate exercises and dosages for patients with rotator cuff disorders.
- Choose and apply appropriate manual therapy techniques for patients with rotator cuff disorders.
- Discuss treatment strategies for both non-operative, operative and post-operative management of rotator cuff tears.
- Discuss special considerations in managing rotator cuff disorders in swimmers, youth throwers and people with diabetes.
For more information, please click here.