Purpose: To allow Physical Therapist (PT) and Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) students to meet and promote its membership, the DPTA and APTA.
The objectives of the SSIG include:
- Increase understanding of the significance of current issues in physical therapy.
- Highlight APTA’s role in serving as advocates PTs and PTAs.
- Explain how APTA’s advocacy efforts affect us both as student PTs and PTAs as well as future professionals in the field of physical therapy.
- Facilitate social and professional relationships between PT and PTA programs within the state of Delaware (and the local area).
- Promote student involvement within DPTA and the local physical therapy community
- Educate PT and PTA students to increase awareness of resources available to student APTA members.
Community Service Events:
- Magic in Motion, Girl Scouts of America, in conjunction with the University of Delaware Doctorate of Physical Therapy Program and Delaware Technical Institute’s Physical Therapy Assistant Program
- Preston’s March 5k, Adjunct Volunteers to Preston’s March Organization
- Special Events Coordinator – Nicholas Rech, SPT
- Treasurer – Vince Moore, SPTA
- Secretary – Brittaney Coffin, SPT
- Vice Chairperson- Caitlin McGee, SPT
- Chairperson – Eugene Khoroshan, SPT
- Advisor: Peter Coyle, PT, DPT
Private Practice SIG
The DPTA is interested in forming a Private Practice SIG. If you are interested in participating as a SIG member or leader of the group, please contact Jamie Blackley.