About the Award
The Student Leadership Award acknowledges one or more PT student(s) and/or PTA student (s) who exhibit a commitment to and potential for future professional contribution. The award is presented by the president of DPTA, at the Annual Fall Meeting. The award need not be given annually.
- Must be an active DPTA student member in good standing
- Must have made a significant contribution and shown leadership in DPTA and/or APTA activities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to serve the physical therapy profession
The following documents are required to accompany the nomination:
- An original nomination form submitted by a current non-student DPTA member
- A statement describing the nominee’s accomplishments and leadership related to serving the physical therapy profession. This should include, but not be limited to, involvement with DPTA and/or APTA meetings, advocacy events, and related activities
What Recipients Recieve
- The DPTA will notify these emerging leaders of the recognition in mid-September of each year. Recognized individuals will receive a congratulatory letter and certificate. In addition, the recipient will receive up to $500 in reimbursement to support future leadership development activities in the upcoming calendar year.
- Emerging leaders will be recognized at the DPTA Annual Meeting that occurs in the fall of each year. Additional recognition will be shared on the DPTA website and in the DPTA newsletter.
Please submit the completed form to Ivy Ahmed, Executive Director, DPTA
Delaware Physical Therapy Association
1055 N Fairfax Street
Alexandria, VA 22314